Happy Holidays! Happy Winter Solstice!
Baris is a Turkish name meaning peaceful, and a perfect description of a snowflake. Make a little bit of peace with this little snowflake. It works up quick in 2 rounds making great little ornaments for a Christmas tree or to create a snowy window. This is an easy pattern.
Finished Size 3” diameter
- Aunt Lydia’s Classic Crochet Cotton, Size 10, 100% Cotton Thread, White or color of choice
- Size 7 (1.65mm) Steel Crochet Hook or size to obtain gauge
- Tapestry Needle
- Glue & Water
- Craft Paintbrush
Gauge It is not critical for this project.
- Chain 4 counts as treble crochet.
- Join with slip stitch as indicated unless otherwise stated.
- Stiffen with 1:2 parts glue to water and brush with paintbrush on back side of snowflake.
Rnd 1: Make slip ring, ch 4, tr, ch 3, [2 tr, ch 3] 5 times into ring, join to first st.
Rnd 2: Sl st in next st, *(2 sc, ch 9, sl st in 7th ch from hook, ch 2, 2 sc) in ch-3 sp**, sl st in next 2 sts; rep from *, 5 times, ending last rep at **, join to first cl. Fasten off.
Stiffen by brushing on the glue/water mixture and pin to shape.
Abbreviations (US Terminology)
sc: single crochet
tr: treble crochet
ch-sp: chain space
sl st: slip stitch
yo: yarn over
Peace & Love! Enjoy!